Paper craft

Paper Craft Hello Kitty  

This is the entire post of my paper craft project. In my planning I was very confident in my model in Rhino. However when I printed it out my printer was being funny. As show in the picture below. It was printing landscape on portrait mode. I had no idea why it was doing this. No matter what I tried same results. With this slight error my design was approximately x2 smaller than it should have been. 


Here is the rendered version in Rhino
                                        

Original model and deconstructed 


 First prototype 

Second model and deconstruction

 

Changes to the first deconstructed model are adding more taps. I forgot to add tabs to certain areas so it doesn't actually fold together properly. Another issue I ran into was simplification of the body parts. In the original I didn’t simplify these areas enough which proved to be a challenge for me. The arms are great and the legs are too small weirdly enough. It made sense when I was deconstructing it but once i cut it out I was left confused on how to put it back together. In my final round of creating my model, I realized when I was doing the command Make2D I wasn’t selecting the top plane. Which in turn made my cut out pattern smaller and on an angle. 

Third prototype 

I simplified the arms even further and added the bow. The original arms were too difficult to cut and attach to the body.

            

Final 

Notes 
- I couldn't find the right shade of pink for the body so I was left with no choice but to colour match with paint. 
- Glue stick wasn't working as well as I hoped so I had to use hot glue to stick it together. Although it was more messy and many burns had taken place, the final product holds better together than regular glue. No matter how long I held the two pieces, I wanted to glue together, it would simply come apart as soon as I let go. I suppose that is due to the cardstock being too thick and potentially too strong. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 - Meshy

Mesh Mashup: Concepts Generation